24-Hour Call Center
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® Call Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have information about a missing child or suspected child sexual exploitation, report it to 1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678).
Callers without access to the USA 800/toll-free telephone system may dial 001-703-522-9320 to reach the Call Center. This is not a toll-free number.
|Caller location||Toll-free/Phone-free number|
|Japan||011-800-0843-5678 or 0062-800-0843-5678|
NCMEC's Call Center offers
- Toll-free numbers for all the countries/regions listed above.
- Recording of all calls.
- Caller ID.
- Language services.
NCMEC's Call Center receives calls for service from
- Families and law enforcement agencies reporting a missing child and seeking assistance in their search.
- People reporting the sighting of a missing child or a child displaced by a disaster.
- People requesting safety information to better protect their children.
- People reporting child sexual exploitation.
- Professionals seeking resources to assist in missing and sexually exploited child cases.
- Families needing reunification assistance once their child is found.
NCMEC operates the CyberTipline which receives tips and leads regarding suspected crimes of child sexual exploitation. To report child sexual exploitation online, visit NCMEC's CyberTipline or call 1-800-843-5678.
National Runaway Safeline
NCMEC's Call Center has established a system of networking calls regarding runaway children to the National Runaway Safeline in Chicago, Ill.
This sharing of information ensures both agencies can speak with the caller about the runaway child to learn any necessary facts needed to best assist without either organization duplicating services or efforts. Visit the National Runaway Safeline online at www.1800runaway.org.