Child Sex Trafficking: Awareness & Response (CSTAR)
This three and a half day training, hosted by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children®, focuses on the multitude of issues regarding child sex trafficking cases and the unique dynamics associated with this population. Participants are expected to attend all training segments and complete an evaluation form.
- Scope of problem.
- State and Federal legal issues.
- Coordinating case services.
- Interviewing child sex trafficking victims.
- Investigating online adverstisements.
- Role of technology in child sex trafficking cases.
- Identifying gang controlled victims.
- Presenting evidence during an interview.
- Interdiction model.
- Survivor's perspective.
- Adolescent development & victim vulnerabilities.
- Federal resources assistance.
- Local services provider functions.
This training is only open to any law enforcement or prosecutor who lives in the state in which the course is taking place. This is due to the customized course content specific to state laws and direct service providers. As new training locations are determined, they will be listed in the course schedule below.
The cost of admittance and training materials are covered while attending classes.