Is your life touched by the heartbreak of having a missing or sexually exploited child?
Team HOPE is a group of ordinary people who one day were forced to live every parent’s nightmare. They know the pain, fear, frustration and loneliness that comes with having a missing or sexually exploited child. With this knowledge and experience, they offer peer support to families of missing and sexually exploited children.
Do you feel alone?
Team HOPE's trained volunteers:
- Help families in crisis with a missing, sexually exploited or recovered child as they handle the day-to-day issues of coping and/or searching for their child.
- Help provide peer support, emotional support, compassion, coping tools, empowerment and resources to families with missing, sexually exploited and recovered children.
- Help instill courage, determination and hope in parents and other family members.
- Help alleviate the isolation so often resulting from fear and frustration.
- Remain honest, trustworthy, nondiscriminatory and fair.
- Respect the privacy of those with whom they are working.
Are you unsure of what to do?
Don’t wait to report child sexual exploitation or a missing child. Immediately call your local law enforcement agency. Then call NCMEC at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
Call Team HOPE. We understand. We’ve been there. We care about you and your loved one.
Call us at 1-866-305-HOPE (4673).
Team HOPE volunteers
Team HOPE was established in 1998. In 2004 the group officially became a part of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
Team HOPE volunteers are mothers, fathers, siblings and extended family members who have had, or still have, a child who is missing, recovered or has been sexually exploited. These volunteers have demonstrated the ability to turn their personal tragedies into vital lifelines of support for other families. Team HOPE volunteers are passionate about extending their hearts, time, experience, knowledge and wisdom to those who have a missing or sexually exploited child.
If there is a child in your life who is missing, has been recovered or has been sexually exploited, please call us toll free at 1-866-305-HOPE (4673) to be matched with a Team HOPE volunteer who will provide you with telephone peer support. You are not alone. We care about you and we are here to help.